XF 1.4 Moderators Thread Deletion Question

Hello,

I am wondering if is there any possibility to disallow moderators from deleting threads created by admins but allow them to delete any other thread from registered members (In case of traitors or something :p)

Administrators and Moderators are completely different functions on XenForo. Administrators have access to the ACP and don't have any moderation capability on the forums. Moderators have forum moderation capability but no access to the ACP. I can't see how it would be feasible to add this functionality.

Personally I'd be setting ground rules for moderators and telling them not to delete my posts if I was in your position. Give them only soft deletion capability too. If they do delete your poists, you can see who did it in the moderator log. You can then restore the post and take appropriate action on the moderator.

Administrators and Moderators are completely different functions on XenForo. Administrators have access to the ACP and don't have any moderation capability on the forums. Moderators have forum moderation capability but no access to the ACP. I can't see how it would be feasible to add this functionality.
How do admins have no moderation capability on forums?

Personally I'd be setting ground rules for moderators and telling them not to delete my posts if I was in your position. Give them only soft deletion capability too. If they do delete your poists, you can see who did it in the moderator log. You can then restore the post and take appropriate action on the moderator.
Yeah I did that already. The hard-delete option is only for admins now.

Administrators are not moderators - they are two separate functions.

However, an administrator can also be a moderator, if their account is configured accordingly.
You mean like just when I go to the administrator group permissions and hit allow on everything, that shall make an admin a moderator as well, no?

I allow my moderators to delete my posts.

The site rules should apply equally to everyone.
I agree and its the same in my sites, my lists can be deleted by other moderators. My suggestion was for the OP if that's how he wants to do things but I agree within you, rules should apply to everyone no matter their forum role.

Which are?
Which are what?

Last edited:
Top Bottom