Lack of interest Moderators Editing Users - Allow More Fields

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Teapot

The new front-facing user edit function in 1.3 is great, but I find it a little limiting - there's a couple of fields I'd like to see added to it. My mods often have to correct users who have entered their date of birth wrongly, for example, so it'd be nice if they could do that using the new system.

The fields I'd love to see added, if possible, are:
  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • E-mail address
Name and date of birth being the two main ones, as users can never edit them themselves.

Thanks for your time :)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Moderators cannot add custom titles, but they can edit or remove existing ones.

However the rest, I personally disagree with (except Gender? Maybe). Mostly since they are either not shown publicly or not shown when bypass user privacy is enabled.

And a user name has much more far reaching consequences than a single profile. Much better to have that administrator only.

That certainly makes sense. I think if I were designing this, I'd compromise by letting forum owners choose exactly which fields moderators could edit in the ACP. It's one of those things where I think the additional power would be actually useful, rather than just clutter up the ACP.

Top Bottom