Lack of interest Moderator option to make post/thread deletion notices public or not

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

I would like the option for a moderator, when deleting a post or thread, to mark the deletion notice as viewable by all (regardless of view deleted posts permission)

EDIT: this is mostly for when a mod wishes for the action to remain anonymous

It would purely be a notice and still not grant permission to view the deleted content for those without that permission.

I think this is a good way to educate members on the rules. For example if you have rule disallowing political debate and deletesuch a post, all members see "post deleted due to political debate" it would reinforce that rule and also let them know that moderators are doing their job.

Currently there is a workaround, if i want this then I can remove the main content of the post by editing , and leaving a public warning notice in it's place.

Last edited:
Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would like the option for a moderator, when deleting a post or thread, to mark the deletion notice as viewable by all (regardless of view deleted posts permission)

It would purely be a notice and still not grant permission to view the deleted content for those without that permission.

I think this is a good way to educate members on the rules. For example if you have rule disallowing political debate and deletesuch a post, all members see "post deleted due to political debate" it would reinforce that rule and also let them know that moderators are doing their job.

Currently there is a workaround, if i want this then I can remove the main content of the post by editing , and leaving a public warning notice in it's place.
We have a specific style for mod notices which I have set up on a custom button. If we had the feature you describe, we would want to be able to use that style. Good idea, though.

Right now, we would delete the offending post and the mod would post under it in mod style to explain. Or, instead of deleting, we would edit to remove the offending part, then add a note in mod style to explain the edit.

Right now, we would delete the offending post and the mod would post under it in mod style to explain.
Yes, I might do that. But often mods may want their action to be anonymous. With the wanring ion the post after editing, they can have the public warning/reason and still retain anonymity.

B dio appreciate at other times it may need more communication and then a Conversation is appropriate, I was thinking more of a simple delete with notice.

(I'll edit my suggestion above to reflect that)

Top Bottom