Implemented Moderator Log suggestion: please log Warnings moderators give

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Seems like it would just be replicated data... since the warnings themselves already record who gave it. I think it would be better to just have a report or something that shows the warnings given... but based on the data that already exists (rather than duplicating the actions into the moderator log).

Seems like it would just be replicated data... since the warnings themselves already record who gave it. I think it would be better to just have a report or something that shows the warnings given... but based on the data that already exists (rather than duplicating the actions into the moderator log).
The Moderator log is sorted my moderator name which is fantastic. I can quickly see moderating activity per moderator such as approving/editing/deleting content.

It would be excellent to have the 'who gave what warnings' in the same report. Because I certainly consider that to be suitable in the Moderation log. I'll let the xf chefs decide on the exact implementation (obviously).

I'd love to see issued warnings sent to a hidden forum. We've used this with a couple other software varieties. Helps admins and mods, alike, keep abreast of what is going on. With over 100,000 users, our admins just don't have time to visit every person's profile to see if warnings were issued.

I'd love to see issued warnings sent to a hidden forum. We've used this with a couple other software varieties. Helps admins and mods, alike, keep abreast of what is going on. With over 100,000 users, our admins just don't have time to visit every person's profile to see if warnings were issued.
To be honest, I think something like that would be *less* useful the bigger you got. We have 371,143 infractions given on our site. How useful would it really be to have 371,143 corresponding threads about each one?

To be honest, I think something like that would be *less* useful the bigger you got. We have 371,143 infractions given on our site. How useful would it really be to have 371,143 corresponding threads about each one?

My concern with the log solution is that it appears only admins can access the moderator log. It'd be nice for all admins/mods to be able to see this.

It doesn't create a thread per infraction, the system we have (don't know if its a vB addon or not now), logs the infraction per user, so additional infractions are tacked onto the end of the user's thread. Its not always checked, but if we ever need to review what someone was infracted for in the past, its invaluable.

Why not just look at the user's profile, which shows the infractions (along with any administrative notes left by whoever gave it)?
Because if we discuss it as a group, the posts go onto that thread, the user's profile only shows the basic infraction info.

I was just about to post a suggestion for a Warning Log but as this thread already exists, I'll add my comments here instead.

So although I think it would be useful to log warnings, it would be better to log them separately rather than in the moderator log, as on a busy site it would be difficult to locate them.

A better modlog filter would probably also work. (there's a suggestion somewhere, but can't find it anymore, probably also moved because of lack of interesst....

Instead of "Filter by user:" it would be really great, if we could filter by content types and content ids
in this case content type would be user content_id would be the warned user => result would be all modlog entries for this user (= warnings and probably addon actions too)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/modlog-filter.57798/

Last edited:
My thought would be to have a link under User Discipline - Warnings Issued
and possibly one for Active (current) and Inactive (Warnings removed)
These could link to the user profile to show all relevant information regarding the warning.

Every so often I wish for this, I finally ended up Googling it to see if it exists and I stumbled upon this thread. So, hopefully the minority of people who want this addon will be encouraging enough for an addon developer to create an addon for it.

Top Bottom