Lack of interest Moderator Functions - Approve/Disapprove Gives Delete Permissions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

James

When I give moderators only the permission to approve/disapprove threads/posts and view moderation queue, they can also multi-select threads and posts and delete them.
Resolved: A moderator in the moderating usergroup auto-receives full moderator permissions.

Also, when a moderator only has approve/disapprove permissions they can also view the reported posts, shouldn't this privilege only be given to moderators who actually can deal with reports (such as mods who can deal with profiles/threads/posts)?
Still an issue. Also notice that if a moderator with approve/disapprove permissions (and view moderated threads/posts permissions) disapproves a post then it doesn't show in the moderation queue for that user, but does for Administrators and moderators with permissions *need to run checks to specify which ones*.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This actually makes sense to me, if you want a Moderator to be able to Approve and Disapprove posts, they need to have delete permissions to disapprove them :P
Or is it that they can remove ALL posts?

And indeed, Approve/Disapprove shouldn't mean he can see the "Reported Posts" section.

I got it wrong. Approve/disapprove issues them permissions, but if the moderator is also in the moderating usergroup then (s)he also gets full permissions.

I got it wrong. Approve/disapprove issues them permissions, but if the moderator is also in the moderating usergroup then (s)he also gets full permissions.
How have you set your moderating usergroup permissions?

If you have all permissions set then anyone being added to that group will receive them.

I only have the very basics set for my usergroup such as Bypass Flood Check and View IP Addresses and then I grant additional permissions on a per moderator basis via individual user permissions.

Top Bottom