Lack of interest moderation indication

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dethfire

When you have a big board, you get lots of threads in moderation for many reasons. Sometimes it's automatic, sometimes it's put there by staff. The problem is that staff browsing the list doesn't have that information. A thread placed in moderation could be being discussed in a thread report, but there is no link. It takes a lot of time to go searching, if there even is the connection. As worst, there needs to be an indication whether the thread was placed in moderation automatically or by a staff member. That way a staff member doesn't have to waste time looking through reported threads to try to see why it's there.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was just messing with the moderation queue and report system a little bit and I don't see any way to put content into the moderation queue from the report center. I'm considering including a feature like this in Moderator Essentials.

Sometimes it's automatic, sometimes it's put there by staff. The problem is that staff browsing the list doesn't have that information. A thread placed in moderation could be being discussed in a thread report, but there is no link. It takes a lot of time to go searching, if there even is the connection.

So my question is, isn't all content in the moderation queue put there by the system? If not, how is it getting there by staff since I see no option to do it on my site?

Last edited:
This is something that I noticed as well. For instance, if a human spammer gets through, and creates a new thread that gets snagged for moderation by the system, I get no indication that this has happened via e-mail - only an alert bubble for the moderation queue. I have been meaning to ask about this, @dethfire is this what you are referring to? I would like to see an e-mail alert sent to specific members or an e-mail address when that happens.

@Daniel Hood if this is what you are referring to adding to Moderation Essentials, even better

I think this is more or less what he's talking about, and what I've already implemented:

upload_2015-3-24_11-29-45.webp

Clicking the number next to reports (if > 0), leads to the report page for that content.

Top Bottom