mod_ruid2 vs suphp

Biker

For those of you running mod_ruid2, what advantages have you gained over the older Apache configurations? I'm tempted to do a recompile, but as this is a live server, don't want to risk the downtime if things head south.

I've been using mod_ruid2 for a while now (June 2012). It means you can use APC/Xcache correctly, while still keeping different hosting accounts separate.

Yeah, because you can use APC/Xcache to store the compiled PHP pages. (y)

Even without that, it ran faster than suPHP. I got rid of suPHP for fgci, and then moved to mod_ruid2 when I migrated to XenForo.

Matt, did you run into any issues with mod_security after you changed over? I've read about a few issues on other sites, but I'm tempted to chalk it up to the experience (or lack thereof) of the administrator doing the changes.

I totally removed it when moved to XenForo, as it was randomly triggering security blocks, and firewall'ing off genuine members.

I totally removed it when moved to XenForo, as it was randomly triggering security blocks, and firewall'ing off genuine members.

I use the Atomicorp rules and I've turned off the 3 or 4 rules that were causing issues with the membership and all seems to be going well. I check the logs religiously to ensure I'm not blocking legitimate user traffic. I don't think I've blocked a legitimate user in ages now.

Top Bottom