Mod Panel

RossEvaske

Hi,

I have now just moved my forum from vBulletin onto XenForo, But we are missing ModCP in some cases, will xen be getting something like this in the future?
Ross

XenForo was designed to put the moderator actions in the areas most appropriate. What features were you missing?

I felt similarly after moving from vBulletin and was met with the answer "moderator actions/tools should be sufficient" when I searched around. I devised my own little solution, though -- making your moderators administrators of a sort. When you add a new administrator through the Admin CP, you can set what exactly they can do through the ACP. A lot of add-ons will add permissions here which is really useful.

a.webp

I give my global moderators manage threads and posts, manage attached files, manage infractions, and manage bans. That seems to parallel the vBulletin Mod CP to me, with the exception of things like editing signatures and avatars, but there are add-ons available to allow that.

I felt similarly after moving from vBulletin and was met with the answer "moderator actions/tools should be sufficient" when I searched around. I devised my own little solution, though -- making your moderators administrators of a sort. When you add a new administrator through the Admin CP, you can set what exactly they can do through the ACP. A lot of add-ons will add permissions here which is really useful.

View attachment 76442

I give my global moderators manage threads and posts, manage attached files, manage infractions, and manage bans. That seems to parallel the vBulletin Mod CP to me, with the exception of things like editing signatures and avatars, but there are add-ons available to allow that.
I understand both of your points, previously on vBulletin's we didn't have super mods, instead had moderator's with Super mod powers. Now our moderator's are all admins, which I am not 100% happy with, as a security perspective it isn't great.

I understand both of your points, previously on vBulletin's we didn't have super mods, instead had moderator's with Super mod powers. Now our moderator's are all admins, which I am not 100% happy with, as a security perspective it isn't great.
It's confusing with the terminology I suppose, but I don't see any security concerns really, as long as you limit what admin permissions your moderators have.

I like the idea of a mod panel in xF. That is the first thing my mods wanted to know where it is. It can be very useful if well thought out.

I thought the same thing back in 2011 when i first tested Xenforo. Now i wouldn't have a mod panel for anything. All the mod tools are all over the forums, easy to reach. No need to login into annoying mod panels.

Give it time learn the tools.

Top Bottom