• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Mobile theme: make New Posts easier to click - double the height, 1/2 the width

Daniel Hood

So is this suggestion for tabs used every where (profile, search, etc), or just here? If it's just here then that creates mismatched elements throughout.

Mike Edge

I like the tabs the way they are now. They already take up enough space between the header and content. Don't want to turn the app into a 1/2 screen of tabs.

Digital Doctor

I like the tabs the way they are now. They already take up enough space between the header and content. Don't want to turn the app into a 1/2 screen of tabs.
My suggestion wont take up any more space.
In fact if you just increase the height by 50% ... the default 2 tabs will take up 25% less height.

Russ

You could technically do with this a minor CSS if it's your preference(I know it's a suggestion for core).

Code:
html.Responsive .tabs li {
float: left;
text-align: center;
width: 50%;
}
.Responsive .tabs li a, .Responsive .tabs.noLinks li {
padding: 6px 0;
}
Screenshot_8.png

I personally prefer how XF has it currently, but it could use for a small amount of padding(even smaller than my screenshot)

Code:
.Responsive .tabs li a, .Responsive .tabs.noLinks li {
padding: 6px 10px;
Screenshot_9.png

Digital Doctor

@Mike Edge @Russ

mobile.theme.large.areas.unused.jpg

Obviously the idea for 2 columns of tabs came from the large area of unused space.
See A and B.
Russ: On your styles, consider the 2 column approach to save space ... especially on sites that use XenMediaGallery which will add a third tab. Tabs are likely to expand IMO ... so having 4 thin hard to click tabs on top of each other will start to get silly.

The current low height tabs are awkward to click on.

Russ: The large print New Posts text is also redundant. To maximize space consider getting rid of that text.