1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Suite?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Emrah Özdemir, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Hi
    i am using vbulletin 5.1.5 and mobile suite (mobile application).
    i wonder if you have a future project for mobile application.
    and if i buy xenforo, how can i transfer my data to xenforo?

2. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

XF is responsive (adjusts to the device size in the browser) and previously they've stated that they prefer that solution over an app. Having said that, one of the staff is (independently) developing an app.

joroom and Emrah Özdemir like this.
  3. Ty Rob,
    so what about the data transfer?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no direct import path from VBulletin 5.

You would need to do a double import or contract a third party.

RobParker likes this.
  5. RobParker

The import from VB is generally very straight forward. I'm not sure if there's a VB5 importer by default but you should be able to find that out with a quick search.

For very large forums there are better options (from 3rd parties) than the standard importer but those are an extra cost.

Emrah Özdemir likes this.
  6. i have a small forum for now
    Thread: 158 Message: 551 Member: 93 Aktif Member: 66

7. RobParker

As Brogan said, by default there's no importer from VB5 so you'll need to import into something else first and then import from there into XF. There are a lot of people who'll do that for you for a reasonable fee if it sounds a bit complicated. @MattW, @Jake Bunce and @Slavik are all great but there are lots of others as well.

8. i joined the xenforo family.
    i will tranfer datas manually.

RobParker likes this.
  9. i installed xenforo but when i logged in as administrator, i got an error message like "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
    why?

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That sounds like a permissions issue.

You will need to check they are set correctly.

Further support questions should be posted in the relevant forum.

11. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

I think probably vBulletin 5 database tables still the same as vBulletin 4 database tables. Then you can convert to vBulletin 4 or vBulletin 3 version.

1- Install vBulletin 3 or vBulletin 4 forum another FTP/account
    2- Download user, usergroup, thread, post, poll, etc. tables from vBulletin 5 database
    3- After download that database tables, upload them you installed new vBulletin forums database
    4- Rebuild all counters in Admin Control Panel
    5- Done.

Now you'd move to XenForo from vBulletin 3 or vBulletin 4 version from your installed new forum.

Note that don't forget to a backup before convert/move.

12. joroom

joroom Member

Thats the first i hear about this.

Who is developping the app ? I am really interrested in it. I bet it will be way better than vbulletin's one.

Are XF staff providing him with the API?

13. joroom

joroom Member

Welcome to XF.

I recognised you from the vb forums.

I still have 2 active licenses, with vb and xf. However, xf is a much more superior software than vb and this is coming from a 10 years + vb customer having a forum with more than 22k members.

14. RobParker

@Slavik, there's a thread on here if you do a quick search.

joroom likes this.
  15. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

The responsive design of Xenforo is absolutely awesome.

16. My first impression is that; XF is better and more stable than VB forums. I was an active user of Vbulletin forum. i have both 5 connect and mobile suite licence but i felt that vbulletin wont be able to complete the project like vbseo and bought xenforo.