XF 1.3 Mobile Friendly Skin Problem?

We have an issue with our skin we are trying to make it work on mobile devices and tablets, we have responsive design turned on but it doesn't fix our problems a lot of members are complaining and our designers and coders from EdenWebs have abandoned us after we paid for the custom design, which is clearly unfinished.

W have asked them countless amounts of times but were always ignored.

Any help is appreciated, as we need to get this resolved as soon as we can!
http://gamingordinance.com

Thanks.

I mean there isn't any easy CSS fix we could give you, more than likely someone would have to go in directly and make the style responsive for you.

First off, pagewidth and your custom_header using fixed widths, need to change to max-width: 1000px;

I mean there isn't any easy CSS fix we could give you, more than likely someone would have to go in directly and make the style responsive for you.

First off, pagewidth and your custom_header using fixed widths, need to change to max-width: 1000px;

Its a tough one we our doing the best to try and fix it but are unsure on how to fix, responsive design is enabled in the style properties that fixed our header issue when logged in and logged out but since EdenWebs fixed that problem its now messed the mobile and tablet widths!

Also when we turn the responsive design off it works fine with mobile devices and tablets but messess with the header but when we turn it on it fixes that problem but messes up mobiles its annoying lol.

I am happy to let anyone who is willing to help in the admin cp to fix this problem!

Think I might of fixed it I removed the code in the Page_Container
Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Seems to of fixed it a bit some how, which is odd?

Last edited:
Your custom header and footer were designed by utterly incompetent designers. I suggest to get a refund for their "work". Fixed width background images is something that might be expected from bad designs made 5 years ago (even then it was a very bad practice), but not modern code.

You'll have to completely redo both header and footer. Elements are absolutely positioned with assumption that width is 1000px. Quick fix:
  • For .custom_header change width to max-width
  • Get rid of #top-social-icons block
  • Change width in @pageWidth property to max-width
  • Do something about navigation. I'm not sure what can be done there - its total mess.
For footer: fixing @pageWidth property will make it usable, but its still a mess.

Your custom header and footer were designed by utterly incompetent designers. I suggest to get a refund for their "work". Fixed width background images is something that might be expected from bad designs made 5 years ago (even then it was a very bad practice), but not modern code.

You'll have to completely redo both header and footer. Elements are absolutely positioned with assumption that width is 1000px. Quick fix:
  • For .custom_header change width to max-width
  • Get rid of #top-social-icons block
  • Change width in @pageWidth property to max-width
  • Do something about navigation. I'm not sure what can be done there - its total mess.
For footer: fixing @pageWidth property will make it usable, but its still a mess.

We thought the same and everytime we ask them to fix these changes they make us wait a week then fix partial parts of it. When we asked them why the design isn't responsive, they said it was something we didn't ask for. To be honest $350 is well enough for it to be responsive in my eyes!

Especially if we can pick a design up on Xenforo for cheaps and still works better than our custom design.

We have just asked for a partial refund.

Top Bottom