Mobile Attachment Resizer [Deleted]

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Mobile Attachment Resizer - Resize attachments for mobile devices.

Description:

The Mobile Attachments Resizer add-on will do the following:
  • Make image attachments smaller on mobile devices
  • Ensures the New Posts link and links to a specific posts always scroll to the correct post
Key Features:
  • Three admin options that allow you to customize this add-on
  • User Agent Keywords setting
  • Maximum Attachment Height setting
  • Enable/Disable LightBox
Admin Options:

View attachment 61915

How it...

Read more about this resource...

Excuse my confusion, but doesn't this already happen?

I mean I can attach a large 1920 x 1080 screen shot (my desktop size) into a post, tell it to post in full size, and visit the site using my tablet or cell phone and it is formated to fit.

Is there something I'm not understanding?

Can you please post a screenshot of what it looks like on mobile without this addon and one screenshot WITH this addon enabled please?

Hi Adam,

For smart phones the resizing won't make much of a difference. However for tablets the images will be smaller and a thread with many attachments this add-on will make those types of threads easier and more enjoyable to view.

Another benefit of this add-on is to fix the issue with the New Posts link and links to specific posts not scrolling to the correct post. This add-on sets a height for each attachment so New Posts and links to specific posts will always scroll to the correct post.

Last edited:
Hi Adam,

For smart phones the resizing won't make much of a difference. However for tablets the images will be smaller and a thread with many attachments this add-on will make those types of threads easier and more enjoyable to view.

Another benefit of this add-on is to fix the issue with the New Posts link and links to specific posts not scrolling to the correct post. This add-on sets a height for each attachment so New Posts and links to specific posts will always scroll to the correct post.
To my knowledge, XenForo already does this on my tablet (and on smart phones).

It's part of the responsive design that is default with XenForo.

Responsive design doesn't apply to tablets with high resolutions (ie most tablets).
Responsive design applies to every single device accessing the site if the style is responsive.

It is device independent and relates to browser/viewport width.

Responsive design applies to every single device accessing the site if the style is responsive.

It is device independent and relates to browser/viewport width.
I'm aware of that.

But that browser/wiepoint width seems to automatically format the embedded attachments.

For example this attachment will automatically format within my mobile devices screen.
This is a good thing (I'm not complaining). (y)

Screenshot from 2013-11-21 22:15:35.webp

Top Bottom