Add-on Mobile App

yazer

Got website running great and could do more but seems alot people like apps for mobiles, So looking to see if i get one that works well and dont cost more than the software, Would like it be custom or even for everyone, would need it to work on all OS on Mobiles,

Any info would be great

@yazer There are 2 apps for XenForo at the moment and a third one in development. Ours (see signature link), Tapatalk, and Slavik's (the latter which is in development).

A note on costing more than the forum software. Not a single resource here gets nearly as much volume as XenForo; one can't be logically used to price the other.

In regards to working on all platforms, we currently support iOS and Android. I think Tapatalk supports Windows as well.

Tapstalk site says it runs on xenforo 1.1 just we upto 1.5 trying to make the software on the Google and apple I'd my goal

I don't think its correct to consider Tapatalk a normal App for your website. With Tapatalk you grant TT to reuse your content on their platform. Tapatalk users do not login to your website nor upload attachments to your website. You will have to pay them to get rid of various Tapatalk advertisements that are placed on your site. The longer you use it, the more difficult it is to get rid of it. Because Tapatalk will absorb your users and hold the content they upload hostage.

Its not without reason that they have removed their addon here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...droid-windows-phone-mobile-app-deleted.27837/
Feedback is not positive.

With Tapatalk you grant TT to reuse your content on their platform. Tapatalk users do not login to your website nor upload attachments to your website.

To my knowledge they use this for search indexing only similar to Google. If you use the "Do no Promote" feature, it disables that also. Of course you might need to be on Enterprise/Premium option.

To my knowledge they use this for search indexing only similar to Google. If you use the "Do no Promote" feature, it disables that also. Of course you might need to be on Enterprise/Premium option.
I suggest you read the above linked TT thread - they do a LOT more than that, and its not good for publishers.

I totally agree with @Alfa1
One month ago we announced members that we will remove Tapatalk and today we are going to remove it (maybe for ever)
In the time we had it (long time) none of users using Tapatalk respected board's policy and terms and they posted threads in a bad ugly way.
Also 99% of features of our board are not supported by Tapatalk and so users missed it.
(of course, good news about us is that just near by 5 percent of members are using Tapatalk and since announcing we will stop supporting it in our site, none of them said "No")

Top Bottom