Mobile Analytics

svtsnake03

Since Mobile seems to be the area that everyone should be concentrating on, I have been digging into my site analytics and noticed the bounce rate for mobile users is about 11% higher than normal users, but exactly half of my new visitors ARE mobile users.

Anyone care to share their stats and platform (forum software / mobile products)

I'm on vBulletin 4 with their mobile suite and style. Not very impressed either. Recently enabled the Forum Runner integration.

Tapa Talk
Forum Runner
XenForo

I'd be interested to see XenForo come up with a mobile skin. But they would need to not repeat the mistakes of vBulletin and allow for the mobile skin to have its own master skin, apart (away) from the desktop master.

Perhaps because I have A LOT of customization or because I do post links on Twitter (twitter always leads to high bounce rates).

My mobile bounce rate is crazy high at 80.79%

My mobile bounce rate is crazy high at 80.79%

Any difference between Tapatalk and Forumrunner on the bounce rate? Curious whether their presentation/functionality has something to do with the bounce rate. Can you detect mobile users coming in via Safari, iPad/Phone people?

Any difference between Tapatalk and Forumrunner on the bounce rate? Curious whether their presentation/functionality has something to do with the bounce rate. Can you detect mobile users coming in via Safari, iPad/Phone people?
Google Analysts does not divide which software they are using. So I can not tell you which is better.... My current cell phone does not even web browse, as I only need it for emergency calls (very basic phone).

The only time I've ever seen my site on a mobile phone, was on my sister phone. Neither TapaTalk or Forum Runner, asked her if she'd like to use them. But her phone is one of those local regional providers, which are locked into only the products and services offered by that provider, so that may or may not explain it.

You're welcome to check out my site using one or both.

It's nice on Tapatalk (I don't have ForumRunner).

Actually looks much better in Safari on the iPad. A case for a Mobile Skin from XenForo. With Tapatalk it bypasses the front page which looks good (XenPorta?) and little red reminder to log in. I like it better in Safari on the iPad. Tapatalk on the iPhone.

Don't know why you'd get any extra bounces from the iPad version. It looks good and functions well.

It's nice on Tapatalk (I don't have ForumRunner).

Actually looks much better in Safari on the iPad. A case for a Mobile Skin from XenForo. With Tapatalk it bypasses the front page which looks good (XenPorta?) and little red reminder to log in. I like it better in Safari on the iPad. Tapatalk on the iPhone.

Don't know why you'd get any extra bounces from the iPad version. It looks good and functions well.
That very good to hear .....or should I say, read.... LoL

Not bad considering I don't have an iPad to test things on. But I do always check Safari. Good thing about Apple is their products don't change from Mac to iPad, to iPhone, it's all the same. Makes for easy compatibility.

Still have no clue why the large bounce rate. The only change I did was disable debug mode, which I left on for well over a month or more. I know there are some links out there, which seem to quote the debug page... Guess Google must have cached those and now with them off...... huh.....

Oh well.... We'll see how things progressed.

Not bad considering I don't have an iPad to test things on. But I do always check Safari. Good thing about Apple is their products don't change from Mac to iPad, to iPhone, it's all the same. Makes for easy compatibility.

One thing missing in iPad/Safari is the editor toolbar when doing a reply. Might be (likely) other functions that are absent also. I know TapaTalk noted new IOS6 allows posting photos directly which, I think, affected Safari and TT versions.

The stats on mobile access to forums were the one thing all the different companies at ForumCon.com agreed on and the need to have a quality mobile interface. 1.2 announcement had that at the top of the list so I'm hopeful.

One thing missing in iPad/Safari is the editor toolbar when doing a reply. Might be (likely) other functions that are absent also. I know TapaTalk noted new IOS6 allows posting photos directly which, I think, affected Safari and TT versions.
Is this just on my site or in general?

Top Bottom