XF 2.0 Missing New Thread Button

rivacom

So out of the blue I noticed my create a thread button was missing.

I know the code behind it is
<xf:pageaction if="$forum.canCreateThread()">
<xf:button href="{{ link('forums/post-thread', $forum) }}" class="button--cta" icon="write">
{{ phrase('post_thread') }}
</xf:button>
</xf:pageaction>

If I remove the if statement the button appears fine. Where is this permission controlled?

This seems more likely to be a permission issue rather than a theme issue. This is probably obvious, but make sure you're signed into an account which has permission to post new threads.

Alternatively, if you've edited group permissions recently, make sure you haven't accidentally removed the ability to start new threads for your user group.

This seems more likely to be a permission issue rather than a theme issue. This is probably obvious, but make sure you're signed into an account which has permission to post new threads.

Alternatively, if you've edited group permissions recently, make sure you haven't accidentally removed the ability to start new threads for your user group.
Thanks, however It's under an Admin, and the quick replay on top still works fine. The forum functions permission wise fine, it just doesn't have the create a thread button. I've even search through all my extra css and past edits to see if I had hidden it somehow with no luck finding anything. I've tried viewing it as a top level admin and a normal registered user and both the same results.

Thanks, however It's under an Admin, and the quick replay on top still works fine. The forum functions permission wise fine, it just doesn't have the create a thread button. I've even search through all my extra css and past edits to see if I had hidden it somehow with no luck finding anything. I've tried viewing it as a top level admin and a normal registered user and both the same results.
Does the button appear on the default (unmodified) xenforo style? If it does, it means there's an issue with your customized theme causing the button to disappear.

If the button doesn't appear on the default xenforo theme, it means a permission error is presumably causing it to disappear.

Yea, it does, which what I was afraid of. But again, there have been no edits to the theme that touch that button. And it's weird/odd that it works if I take the if statement away. Bummer, guess back to the drawing board with this one.

Top Bottom