As designed Missing label titles in profile view

smozgur

Affected version
It 's not a bug, but may be inconsistency. So I wanted to report it.

While the title attribute exists for the Reaction Score and Points labels, it doesn't exist for the Messages and Solutions labels (also Resources and Media).

1605551157695.webp

This is one of those bugs where I have made a change, but because of what you're suggesting in the report, it's roughly "as designed".

On the whole, title attributes here aren't necessary when they'd simply repeat the normally visible text. The "points" example expanding to "trophy points" is an example of where we should have a title. The proper change here (which I've just done) is to remove the title from "reaction score". That was a historical leftover because the text used to be "Likes" with a title of "Likes received" to further clarify.

You are right, they are not necessary. I was making a change to display some additional statistics, which are especially necessary by starting to use Question forums, so I was trying to figure out how I could show a description for Questions statistics which contains Question asked and Answer marked numbers (I just sent a suggestion for this separately). It is more consistent if those native tooltips are removed.

tooltips.png

Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom