XF 2 Misformatted Posts after upgrade to XF 2

PJK

Hello,
This is the issue:

Looking to pay to get this solved ASAP. Thanks.

Bump, job is still available. I have access to an old DB before the issue started if it's possible to reply just the users older posts. Thanks.

Bump, job is still available. I have access to an old DB before the issue started if it's possible to reply just the users older posts. Thanks.

Still looking to solve this - also looking to have a new BBcode implemented for people to post statistics in a formatted way without issues in the future. Please PM me if you can solve the issue in the first post or implement the new BBCode.
Thanks.

Bump. The it shocking how many devs drop out half way. Looking to hire someone reliable to resolve this as soon as possible.
Thanks,

Is this solved? Can solve your problem.
This is a Tab problem, I believe. I believe the forum editor is taking tabs out of the original data and mis-aligning the second and later columns because the first column doesn't always have the same number of characters. I was able to cause the problem myself in Windows NotePad.

1585883001117.png

The first two lines have a tab between column 1 and 2. The numbers in column 2 line up beautifully.

The second two lines have the tab removed and 6 spaces put in its place. Alignment issue!

So is there a way to tell the editor to not do that? Or something. Tabs in web forms will push you out of the current control into the next, so web editors have been coded to strip tabs out.

Have you got a solution?

Reactions: PJK
Hah, and then I went to the top of this thread and jumped to the original that discusses Tab characters. I'll have to study up...yet another day.

Reactions: PJK
Have been able to go from a tab delimited spreadsheet to space delimited text that posts aligned. Next is to apply this to the user's procedure.

Top Bottom