Mirror Images

Mirror Images [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($25.00)
@NixFifty Did you see this request/wish? :)
Is there any chance this could be extended to also work with profile posts? They have the ability to add attachments and the editor button to include external images as well, and the mirroring is good for GDPR compliance.

It really depends on what your individual goals & needs are. In this case a 'mirror' type add-on like this will retrieve hotlinked images embedded with the img BB code and convert them to actual post attachments whereas the image proxy will leave them as embedded images.
What I perfectly understand, is the difference as explained by you here. But I need to understand a little more, to actually be able to decide, what meets my goals and needs. I do have Mirror Images licensed...

My main point is GDPR - I don't want, that the members ever open an image, that is pulled from another server, transmitting their IP etc. That should be the case with the addon, though it does not include profile posts.

The proxy on the other hand, has settings for the time images are cached locally. What happens, if the cache is emptied - will the image be renewed in the background, or when the next member opens it? Will really ALL images be cached, even very small ones (like smilies from smilie sites some people love to use)?

Also, I show some attachment stats, so users are vigilant about the space images may use up. I suppose, as with the proxy the images are not attachments, they would not show up there, while still using server space in the proxy cache?

Is there any possibilty of adding inline, as opposed to attachments please (or Exactly where the original image was located) please??

I used to run Metamirror which would basically "localise" any remote images linked to. I dont want to add as "attachments", just to add where they were initially, just as a local copy..

Also to ask - has anyone used this who previously used Metamirror? Were there any issues?

Last edited:
As far as I understand it, making the image an attachment keeps the images that are embedded, shown inline, and with another addon, the attachment thumbnail for images that are inserted in the post will not be shown.

What you are expecting should actually be covered by the image-proxy - instead of pulling the image from the remote server, it is stored locally and delivered via a proxy-link to the image.

As far as I understand it, making the image an attachment keeps the images that are embedded, shown inline, and with another addon, the attachment thumbnail for images that are inserted in the post will not be shown.
Hiya @voom - Apologies for digging this one up from the dead - dont suppose you could remember what the other add-on was you refered to please? Cheers!

Hi,

I just installed this addon. XF 2.2.13. But it does not work.

If I take an image from flickr, use BBcode for original file size and paste the BBcode into the text box, it does not convert the image. It stays embedded and if I click on it, it leads me to Flickr

Hi,

I just installed this addon. XF 2.2.13. But it does not work.

If I take an image from flickr, use BBcode for original file size and paste the BBcode into the text box, it does not convert the image. It stays embedded and if I click on it, it leads me to Flickr

Correction. I misunderstood this add-on.

The image remains embedded in the post but is hosted on my server as an attachment as a "backup" rather than hotlinked from another service. As long as it is not deleted at i.e. Flickr, I will always see only the embedded image. Only if it gets deleted at Flickr, my backup copy image will appear in that old posting.

Top Bottom