This request has been brought up before but received no attention. I am running a minecraft server and currently setting up XF as we'd like to switch to it as soon as possible. I am requesting a plugin to replace avatars of users with the avatar of their Minecraft avatar (head). There is already a plugin doing the exact thing for Wordpress but would love to see it ported to XenForo (with a few modifications). So here goes:
- Fetch Minecraft avatar from either Minotar.net or Minecraft.net .. etc (the latter would require the plugin to crop the image).
- Save the image locally, so if the service is down (it has been) the avatars will keep functioning.
- Make the it the default avatar on registration (xf username is required to be their Minecraft username).
- Make it optional, so that users can still opt in for Gravatar or upload a custom image. (I imagine the avatar popup could look similar to this but instead of the various avatars just a single image with their Minecraft avatar.)
- Detect when users change their Minecraft avatar, and thus updating their xf avatar. (This could be accomplished by fetching the data every now and then but it is not optimal as instantaneous change would be much cooler. If you have a suggestion to accomplish this please share, as I am no developer myself)
- In regards to all this; focus on performance would be essential as we don't want it to slow down our site.
Alternatively if you have an offer, private message me in here.