1) This is related to migrating from Vb3.8: would I be able to
- Copy current vb installation from home/user/public_html to home/user/testmigrate
- Install the xenforo software to home/user/testmigrate and migrate database from VB
- Confirm that testmigrate.mydomain.com work fine and then rename "public_html" to "Old and rename "testmigrate" to "public_html" so that my site starts working instantly on the regular domain mydomain.com?
2) As for the URL redirect, I know there is a script that would solve this problem. However, since I will be writing my own RewriteRules in the htaccess to make sure all vbSEO links point to correct Vb links, can’t I just write the rules to point directly to the xenforo links and circumvent the script option and save resources? I am guessing this should be possible since I read there is an option to keep all same ID's but please do confirm and let me know if that would be the best way.