Migration from vBulletin version 5.5.6 to xenForo 2.x

avinash-0-singh

I am thinking to migrate my forum website from vBulletin version 5.5.6 to xenForo 2.x. Is this possible ? Please let me know if there are any known challenges. Also do let me know what all points that needs to be considered before thinking of this migration.

There is an importer available for VB5 which will import all standard content.

If you are currently using a hosted version of VB then you will need to purchase a domain and hosting, and get a copy of the database and server files (attachments, avatars) to be able to do the import.

Hi. Has the importer improved? I am considering moving a Vbulletin 5 forums over to Xenforo 2.x but the forums is very large and i was reading some other of your clients having issues of hanging during the import process. Have those issues been resolved?

Hi. Has the importer improved? I am considering moving a Vbulletin 5 forums over to Xenforo 2.x but the forums is very large and i was reading some other of your clients having issues of hanging during the import process. Have those issues been resolved?
CLI is the way to go for anything over 1M posts.

I am thinking to migrate my forum website from vBulletin version 5.5.6 to xenForo 2.x. Is this possible ? Please let me know if there are any known challenges. Also do let me know what all points that needs to be considered before thinking of this migration.
I just migrated from VBulletin 5.5.6, I can not understand why it took me so long.
The migration was flawless as is the XenForo software. Just do it and don't worry..After a week when you get used to everything Its beautiful. I also use todo10 as a host!
I love it!!

Did you have articles in Vb5?

I'm thinking what with articles/portal content after migration to xenforo.
Script will convert articles into regular forum content or?

Does anyone knows?

Thanks

Thanks Brother, but, do we only pay once to buy or is there a monthly fee?

Depends on what you choose: Cloud or self hosted. Cloud is a monthly or annual fee that has its own restrictions, which you can read about on that page.

A self-hosted license license is one-time fee of $160 that you can use indefinitely and get access to updates for one year. You can renew for $55 after a year to gain access to further updates.

Any official add-ons have their own costs, which are listed on that page.

Depends on what you choose: Cloud or self hosted. Cloud is a monthly or annual fee that has its own restrictions, which you can read about on that page.

A self-hosted license license is one-time fee of $160 that you can use indefinitely and get access to updates for one year. You can renew for $55 after a year to gain access to further updates.

Any official add-ons have their own costs, which are listed on that page.
Ok, I see...thanks for your attention (y)

what is the price to have xenforo? can have it for free?
Sure... you can have it for free... but you do need to make a donation to the cause. That'll be $160 please.

Now, seriously.
The license ins a ONE time fee of $160 for the self hosted. For that amount, you get a lifetime license for it as long as you don't violate the stipulations of the license. The cloud is another animal, and you can do a monthly payment or annual.
You do NOT get lifetime updates on the standalone script. Those require an annual renewal of your license (and any 1st party add-ons you have). You are NOT required to renew every year, but if you have not renewed, you cannot access the latest versions of the script/1st party add-ons.
You also do NOT have ticket support once your license expires, but you can pursue help in the forum as you do NOT loose access to it once your license expires.

Hello, I just bought and had xenforo installed yesterday and now want to import VB5.74 to it but I can Not find the tool to do it. Been searching every where to no avail. It says it's in my account but can't see it there.
Can someone point me in the right direction Please?
Thank you :)

Top Bottom