Migrating from NodeBB to XenForo - Seeking Assistance

DarylB

Hello,

I have a small/medium NodeBB community (~1000 unique users/day) and we're a bit unhappy with the software. I'm looking to explore moving to XenForo but am not particularly savvy on the transitioning process. Are there any tools or better yet services that specialize in this kind of migration? Would be looking for migration and then some post-migration support as well. Bonus if individual is familiar with setting up cloudflare/DDoS/CDN services as well! Hoping to be able to preserve as much content seamlessly as possible.

Thank you for any assistance

Apologies for the double post but is there a clear purpose for me not being able to reply to threads in that section? I understand you want spam from new user accounts to be kept to a minimum but presumably if I wanted to use one of those listed services I'd have to be able to reply to their thread, open a private conversation, or otherwise communicate with them off-board. Former 2 options don't seem available to me :(

Apologies for the double post but is there a clear purpose for me not being able to reply to threads in that section?
It's just that it's a customer only forum.

We get a lot of unlicensed (i.e using pirated software) members registering and posting, so service providers can be assured that anyone posting in that forum is licensed.

The same applies to conversations - they are only permitted after x posts, to prevent spam and unlicensed members contacting people directly for support.

I appreciate it's not ideal but it's really the only way to handle it.

It's just that it's a customer only forum.

We get a lot of unlicensed (i.e using pirated software) members registering and posting, so service providers can be assured that anyone posting in that forum is licensed.

The same applies to conversations - they are only permitted after x posts, to prevent spam and unlicensed members contacting people directly for support.

I appreciate it's not ideal but it's really the only way to handle it.
Totally understand, I can appreciate that. Obviously the only obstacle to me is that I'd like to make sure one of these services are able to manage my migration before I commit to buying a copy. Hope that comes across as sensible. I will manage and hopefully get a response from one of them that prompts a license purchase!

Top Bottom