XF 2.1 Migrated from SMF via XF1.5 - I have 1000+ Watched Threads?

torontotim

I migrated a 40,000+ member, 1M post SMF forum to Xenforo 3 days ago. Imported into 1.5, then upgraded to 2.1.4.

Somehow, I have over 1,000 'Watched Threads' in Xenforo now, and I'm trying to sort out why.

On a side-note, SMF Bookmarks don't migrate sadly - this is what turned my attention to my Watched Threads, thinking perhaps that SMF Bookmarks mapped to Xenforo Watched Threads for some reason, but I only had 20 Bookmarks in SMF.

Have you left a reply in those watched threads? I would say that would be the reason why you have so many watched threads as I can imagine you have thousands of replies in your own forum, ergo the watched threads for all of them.

But not sure how the import is done. Maybe it is sth. else.

Replying to a thread doesn't automatically trigger the 'Watch'. I've replied to many thousands of threads over the 12 years the site has been up.

I removed all my watched threads, and other users report only having the ones they've actually 'Watched' since we came up Monday morning.

Replying to a thread doesn't automatically trigger the 'Watch'.
It does in XF, at least there is a setting for that if I am not mistaken. And anytime you reply to a thread, you watch it automatically. So, yes, maybe this "watch" didn't happen in your old SMF forum, but once you migrated, in the migration process XF converted that into "watched threads". At least this is my version of trying to explain the problem.

I've replied to many thousands of threads over the 12 years the site has been up.
I have 1888 replies here on XF (without this reply) and look how many watched threads I have in my list:

1573072481505.webp

71 pages and each page has 20 threads (71x20) = ~1400 watched threads at least.

I removed all my watched threads, and other users report only having the ones they've actually 'Watched' since we came up Monday morning.
Again, maybe sth. went wrong with the importer, maybe it has a bug, I just tried to come up with an answer to the question.

Top Bottom