Migrate from Clud to self hosted and more questions Thanks

NDR2022

Hello, I got a few questions about xenforo cloud and self hosted xenforo:

1)Is it possible to migrate from xenforo cloud to self hosted licence if I change my mind in the future?

2)what about the ad-on that I bought while I was using xenforo cloud, are they gonna be able if I decide to buy the licence and migrate to self hosted forum in the future?
3) I understood that the licence you buy it once, it´s lifetime licence, and you don´t need to pay everyear unless you want extra support, or updates, is that true?
4) But, what about the ad-ons and themes, are they life time or I need to renew them every year?
5)Is it possible to have ad banners on the xenforo cloud, works similar to self hosted licence right? Can you please mention any limitation of the xenforo cloud against the selfhosted?
6) and the most important, I have a domain since 2010, and I am afraid to loss it. In case I migrate from xenforo cloud to self hosted license, am I gonna have any problem with the domain to get it back?

Thanks for your support

Last edited:
1)Is it possible to migrate from xenforo cloud to self hosted licence if I change my mind in the future?
Yes.
We provide a backup of the database and attachments/avatars.

2)what about the ad-on that I bought while I was using xenforo cloud, are they gonna be able if I decide to buy the licence and migrate to self hosted forum in the future?
For official add-ons, you would need to purchase them when you purchase the license if you want to keep using them.
For third party add-ons you would need to check with the developers but in general, you should be able to use them on the self hosted installation.

3) I understood that the licence you buy it once, it´s lifetime licence, and you don´t need to pay everyear unless you want extra support, or updates, is that true?
Correct.

4) But, what about the ad-ons and themes, are they life time or I need to renew them every year?
The renewal price for XF covers the core software and official add-ons.
For third party add-ons, check with the developers.

5)Is it possible to have ad banners on the xenforo cloud, works similar to self hosted licence right? Can you please mention any limitation of the xenforo cloud against the selfhosted?
Yes - there is no limitation.

6) and the most important, I have a domain since 2010, and I am afraid to loss it. In case I migrate from xenforo cloud to self hosted license, am I gonna have any problem with the domain to get it back?
Custom domains can be connected to Cloud instances.
You retain control of the domain and just need to add a couple of DNS records.

Top Bottom