Meta description advice

Alternadiv

A few questions about my board title and description.

3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G.com vs. 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas
Does having or not having the URL in the title make a difference for anything? My personal preference is having the URL.

3rd & 4th Gen (2016+) Toyota Tacoma Community - forums, build threads, modifications, tutorials, reviews, classifieds, discounts, giveaways. Join for free!
Do you think having the model-year of the vehicle (2016+) is good here? Or confusing? Do you think I'm using good description keywords while also explaining what the site is about in normal human language?

I would use a keyword that you want to rank for i.e. "3rd Gen Toyota" alongside your website name. So "3rd Gen Toyota | Tacoma3G". No need for the domain extension added, it's just clutter and no real value. You can use keyword research tools to see what the ranking/searchability is for that keyword. You have the likes of semrush, moz, ahrefs which all offer free services. I would then use your H1 heading to use the same as your keyword, that being your landing page H1. Your description can be anything but I'd definitely include your title somewhere within, that being "3rd Gen Toyota". The more you use this keyword, the more chance you'll have your website ranked better. Use my gaming community as an example and my guide here.

Also when you're linking to your site on any other websites, like for instance, in your signature. I would use the keyword you want to rank for as the link to your website, rather than "Tacoma3G.com". It will help you rank better, especially if the link attribute is a dofollow.

Hope this helps.

I would use a keyword that you want to rank for i.e. "3rd Gen Toyota" alongside your website name. So "3rd Gen Toyota | Tacoma3G". No need for the domain extension added, it's just clutter and no real value. You can use keyword research tools to see what the ranking/searchability is for that keyword. You have the likes of semrush, moz, ahrefs which all offer free services. I would then use your H1 heading to use the same as your keyword, that being your landing page H1. Your description can be anything but I'd definitely include your title somewhere within, that being "3rd Gen Toyota". The more you use this keyword, the more chance you'll have your website ranked better. Use my gaming community as an example and my guide here.

Also when you're linking to your site on any other websites, like for instance, in your signature. I would use the keyword you want to rank for as the link to your website, rather than "Tacoma3G.com". It will help you rank better, especially if the link attribute is a dofollow.

Hope this helps.
Great info! I'll take them .com part out and I'll definitely check out your guide.

Good to know about the forum signature stuff too. How can I know when it's a dofollow link? Actually, what's the difference anyway?

On the signature note, now that I think of it...

Is having the link in your signature on irrelevant forums (like this one), not a bad thing? If people search for my keywords, you wouldn't really want them to get the XenForo website in the results, right?

Great info! I'll take them .com part out and I'll definitely check out your guide.

Good to know about the forum signature stuff too. How can I know when it's a dofollow link? Actually, what's the difference anyway?
You right click a link and click "Inspect", on the right side, you'll see a pop-up with a text highlighted. Within that text, you'll find an attribute "rel=". Most forums have the "nofollow" attribute. Read here about the differences. Blacklinks are an important factor in ranking.

On the signature note, now that I think of it...

Is having the link in your signature on irrelevant forums (like this one), not a bad thing? If people search for my keywords, you wouldn't really want them to get the XenForo website in the results, right?
It's not a bad thing at all. Also, XenForo's domain authority is positive so won't have any negative impact on your website/ranking. Read up on the nofollow/dofollow and you'll get an idea. If you want to delve deeper, google "What are backlinks" and read up on that a bit more.

I changed it again. I'm trying to get an early start on the upcoming next generation of Tacomas. I know it's debatable how much this stuff matters anymore, but what do you think?

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 9.23.17 PM.webp

Reactions: Lee
Top Bottom