XF 1.2 Messed up!

garlandk

Changed the folder name in Filezilla where the forum was located in. It messed up and can not find my forum. I changed it back to the orginal name and still no luck. Any ideas!

While on this topic here is what I am trying to do.

I have two domain names. Currently the forum is in a folder on one domain. What I am wanting to do is get everything transferred over to the new domain name and also change the name on the folder to the domain name or put everything within the folder within the root of the new domain name. Any ideas?

While on this topic here is what I am trying to do.

I have two domain names. Currently the forum is in a folder on one domain. What I am wanting to do is get everything transferred over to the new domain name and also change the name on the folder to the domain name or put everything within the folder within the root of the new domain name. Any ideas?
You doing this via cPanel (or a Panel interface) or through SSH/SFTP? Shared host or VPS/Dedicated Server? If cPanel then I'll have to bow out as I junked that a long time ago to go over to a dedicated and strictly use SSH/SFTP for my stuff.
From the way you are talking, it sounds like cPanel (if I remember correctly when you set up a domain - or a subdomain) it wanted to create a directory for you. If so, then you should be able to
  1. Go to ACP -> Board Active and disable the check box and save that to temporarily disable your board
  2. set up your new domain
  3. use the File Browser in cPanel and copy the files over to your new domain directory setup
  4. change the ACP -> Board Options -> Board URL to reflect your new domain and save that.
  5. Change your .htaccess on the original domain to do a 301 redirect to the new domain
  6. Browse (in another tab) to the /example.domain.com/admin.php of the new domain and log in
  7. Make sure the new Board URL is correct in step #4
  8. Go back to step #1 and make your board Active again
You should then be running on the new domain. I think that about covers it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom