XF 1.1 Messed up my site, any thoughts?

Hi Guys, i was trying to install the tapatalk plugin and it was being a pain so i deleted the files to start again, now i'm getting these errors, any advice on how to rectify would be hugely appreciated :-) I've no idea what i've done wrong as I only removed the files from the server that i had put on there from tapatalk.

Warning: require(/home/madabout/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/madabout/public_html/community/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/madabout/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/madabout/public_html/community/index.php on line 6

It seem's you've deleted your Autoloader.php. Redownload xf from the client area and then upload that file. /library/XenForo/Autoloader.php. You could always just completely reupload xf.

i've just put the whole library folder onto the server and this has now taken me into a new install configuration, I'm presuming this is ok to continue with?

If you want to preserve your forum information then you don't want to run a new install.

Re-uploading the files on top of an existing installation is fine and will not delete anything. Just be sure to preserve these old files:

data/
internal_data/
library/config.php

It sounds like you may have lost your config.php file in which case you need to recreate it.

my problem seems to be that some how i've lost the whole library folder, I had no access at all
So i've uploaded a fresh version of it and put it on the server, now it's trying to get me to go through the process of a new install.
So I still have the original data/ and internal_data/ files but the library/config.php is replaced with a new one

What would you suggest for me to proceed?

my problem seems to be that some how i've lost the whole library folder, I had no access at all
So i've uploaded a fresh version of it and put it on the server, now it's trying to get me to go through the process of a new install.
So I still have the original data/ and internal_data/ files but the library/config.php is replaced with a new one

What would you suggest for me to proceed?

1) Create a new library/config.php file with your database info. You can base it on the library/config.php.default file which exists in the default package. Just rename that file and enter your database info into it.

2) Create the internal_data/install-lock.php file. This file doesn't need to contain anything specific. Just the existence of the file will satisfy the install script.

That should then restore your forum to working order using the existing database.

1) Create a new library/config.php file with your database info. You can base it on the library/config.php.default file which exists in the default package. Just rename that file and enter your database info into it.

2) Create the internal_data/install-lock.php file. This file doesn't need to contain anything specific. Just the existence of the file will satisfy the install script.

That should then restore your forum to working order using the existing database.

You're a star, I'm nearly there, it's back but i'm getting this:
Mad About Gear Community
The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

I created a file internal_data/install-lock.php and put it in my forums root folder, it seems to default to internal_data:install-lock.php with ':' rather than a '/' could this be why it's not coming out of the upgrade?

internal_data is the name of the folder not the file. install-lock.php is the name of the file that goes into that folder.

Once the above steps are done then visit /install and it should give you an option to upgrade (not install). Run the upgrade.

cool

i said to upgrade and it came back with this

There are at least 6 file(s) that do not appear to have the expected contents. Reupload the XenForo files and refresh this page. Only continue if you are sure all files have been uploaded properly.

Is that because I jsut uploaded the library folder and nothing else?

Top Bottom