Mesozoic Haven - A Friendly Dinosaur Community

KensonPlays

Welcome ... To the haven!

Mesozoic Haven is a friendly community (PG Rules) all about dinosaurs. This ranges from media like games & movies, to educational media (free to post about those too)! We have a bunch of extra features that we didn't have in our old site, Jurassic Kingdoms. We're basically 99% complete, just a couple minor admin-facing bugs that don't affect end-users.

I've completely rebuilt the old Jurassic Kingdoms site into the new branding, Mesozoic Haven. The old name was having some conflicts in search with Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, which makes sense, so I shut that domain down (well, forwarded it to the new site) and completely rebuilt the site from the ground up.

Some of the new features we have, include:
  • User Blogs (addon by @Bob, thanks!)
  • Media Gallery to share your pics
  • 4 sub tiers (based on my Patreon) upgrade gives you a big increase in storage capacity, as well as the ability to upload 4K pics instead of 1080p.
  • Multiple backgrounds & colors to pick from to make the site feel more like a "you" design thanks to our customized default XF style!
  • More features to come down the road!
Some pics of a few sections of our site:

Last edited:
I like your homepage "welcome to the heaven" and "questions & concerns" sections. They are the first thing I see and very easy to to follow as a guest that doesn't know what the website is. In fact, I've been working on adding something similar to my forum and I think I like the way you implemented it better than what I've been doing.

I like your homepage "welcome to the heaven" and "questions & concerns" sections. They are the first thing I see and very easy to to follow as a guest that doesn't know what the website is. In fact, I've been working on adding something similar to my forum and I think I like the way you implemented it better than what I've been doing.
Thanks! As a PG community, I want to make sure any parents can get some of that info right away without having to go searching for it. :D

Loving the look of the forum and it's a very cool name too.

The prefixes with the little dino emojis are awesome
Thanks! I try to make the emotes basically globally viewable (using Unicode) for the prefixes.

Edit: You can also click the 1654797492248.png button on the top menu to select one of 10 backgrounds and accent colors. :D There's a visual bug where some of the backgrounds don't show fully but they do render properly on my 4K monitor and 1080p so should be all good.

Last edited:
We're back up and running! Come join us at the same URL, with changes to the theme, staff, and a couple new (minor) features!

Come join us as we re-launch!

We have tweaked the boards to be a bit "simpler" (less scrolling) and added a Forum Games area with postcount & currency gain turned off!

We have also tweaked the main menu to be a bit "simpler" with fewer items on the menu than before.

I am formally asking for some constructive criticism now. :D

Top Bottom