XF 2.2 Merging threads

I have a question about merging though. Something simple I miss from the old SMF actually. I understand that inside a thread moderation choices are about editing this particular thread, and in threads view boards, with inline moderation, u can merge 2 or more threads (which is awesome really).
But sometimes u just end up to a thread (from a search f.e.) and u want to merge it with a thread in same board (which has 40 pages of threads). You just go to the board and start searching for both threads, or anything else I miss?

Need to merge two threads but I can't get up like in the picture. Really very hard on Xenforo to merge two threads and questions that are sometimes never answered for some strange reason.

Need to merge two threads but I can't get up like in the picture. Really very hard on Xenforo to merge two threads and questions that are sometimes never answered for some strange reason.
If you select the 2 threads you want to merge first, you'll get the correct menu to come up.

So you don't get the moderation bar at the bottom after choosing 2 threads? See where 2 threads are checked at edit section ? Choose action and merge threads will appear. If you aren't getting that then there has to be a conflict somewhere, addon involvement or something.

merge threads.webp

So you don't get the moderation bar at the bottom after choosing 2 threads? See where 2 threads are checked at edit section ? Choose action and merge threads will appear. If you aren't getting that then there has to be a conflict somewhere, addon involvement or something.

View attachment 281432
I get a small one on the right side with the following: Edit Thread, Lock Thread, Paste Thread, Delete Thread, Move Thread, Manage Bans, Moderator Actions.
And I need merge thread but it is not there and not as in the picture that it appears at the bottom

Paste thread is not an option when selecting 2 threads. We need to see your screen. I believe you are doing something way different or you have an addon involved. Are you using a pc or mobile device? If pc, the moderation bar should be at the bottom.

et a small one on the right side with the following: Edit Thread, Lock Thread, Paste Thread, Delete Thread, Move Thread, Manage Bans, Moderator Actions.

Are you using a pc or mobile device? If pc, the moderation bar should be at the bottom.
I found it confusing that there is a moderation drop-down at the top of a thread and another at the bottom that is only available when threads are selected for moderation, which you can do in the top drop-down .

And yes, to have the merge option appear in the bottom list you must have at least two threads selected for moderation.

It would be useful if it was always there, but if only one thread was selected it prompted you to select at least one other.

Or else if it gave you a field to put in the URL of a thread to merge into, like it does with move posts.

I found it confusing that there is a moderation drop-down at the top of a thread and another at the bottom that is only available when threads are selected for moderation, which you can do in the top drop-down .

And yes, to have the merge option appear in the bottom list you must have at least two threads selected for moderation.

It would be useful if it was always there, but if only one thread was selected it prompted you to select at least one other.

Or else if it gave you a field to put in the URL of a thread to merge into, like it does with move posts.
Even weirder that the option to merge threads doesn't exist for me.

Top Bottom