XF 2.1 Merging threads

That drop-down refers to actions you can take within a single thread. You can merge threads by selecting them for moderation and using the inline moderation tools at the bottom of the page.

Yes, the post and thread admin capabilies for XF are quite different than vB's, and there is an initial learning curve for moderators to grasp and then master them. In the end, the way that XF does it is more powerful, but it often takes powering through this "learning curve" for people to grok it. Then they see and realize it's a better way.

As said, just select the threads you want to merge, and the "admin" functions sub-menu will make that function available. Then it is executed via the "Go" button at the bottom of the screen.

I just deleted it, too complicated, I thought you used to be able to just select a thread that you wanted to merge and paste the destination thread link where yo want to move it to and walla! not that simple anymore?

you can do that with posts. select posts in a thread and than move it to another thread by pasting the url of that thread.

but this process has a problem. the old link would become 404. merging threads with redirection solves that.

(i think this is something else that took a while to get used to... i ended up with a lot of 404s in early days on xenforo. i guess vB/IPB handles this behavior differently as well?)

Top Bottom