1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Merging Templates

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Disciple of Nagash, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash Active Member

I'm currently testing 1.4, and I need to merge some templates, as I have a very customised theme.

When I select to see the differences it shows different lines in red and green. I assume that I should compare the difference between the two, and I believe the line highlighted in green is my current code, is this right?

So to correctly apply the changes, do I need to update my code to include items in the red highlighted line?

For example in message template, the following line is in red:

<li id="{$messageId}" class="message {xen:if $message.isDeleted, 'deleted'} {xen:if '{$message.is_staff}', 'staff'} {xen:if $message.isIgnored, ignored}" data-author="{$message.username}">
    and the line in green is:

<li id="{$messageId}" class="{xen:if $userStatus.userOnline, 'online'}  message {xen:if $message.isDeleted, 'deleted'} {xen:if '{$message.is_staff}', 'staff'} {xen:if $message.isIgnored, ignored}" data-author="{$message.username}">
    At the moment the online status indicator doesn't show.

Sorry if this seems a dumb question, I just want to ensure I get this right.