XF 2.2 Merging forums

Faust

Hi. I'm thinking to merge my 3 forums. Both of them are running XF 2.2.

What will be the easiest way to do it?

It's my first time merging. Both forums are XF, and located on same hosting company. I downloaded the sql file but isn't working to upload the file. Looked somewhere to located the root file. but in my case says no value.

I'm simply asking you to send a screenshot of the dialog. Because visual memory can help me as I know what you feel, I must have been through it at least 5 times. I think you need to create that folder if it doesn't exist.

I'm simply asking you to send a screenshot of the dialog. Because visual memory can help me as I know what you feel, I must have been through it at least 5 times. I think you need to create that folder if it doesn't exist.

I was looking for every single answer on this forum for couple of hours, none of them described in details how to actually use that importer.

Enter "data" in the "Data directory" field

and "internal_data" in the "Internal data directory" field

if "internal_data" does not exist you have to create it yourself on the ftp side, and then inside "internal_data" a subfolder named "attachment" and load a test image inside.

if "internal_data" does not exist you have to create it yourself on the ftp side, and then inside "internal_data" a subfolder named "attachment" and load a test image inside.

Thanks a lot. Worked with these info on fields. Do I need to copy the ftp too ?

it's important: those folders must be there, and they must not be empty. Now I don't remember in which of the 2 the subfolder had to be created because I also received the error saying that it could not be empty.

so if you get the error let us know

The import worked, but all the media is missing for some reason. I tried to import media gallery, but is asking for a log file.

have you checked if the folders exist on the ftp side? In any case, I hope that someone more expert than me will answer for these errors that are beyond my capabilities.

Top Bottom