Merge/split conversations (like threads)

kpmedia

I need an addon.
Paid, trade, IOU, whatever gets this done.

In order to migrate to XF, we must have the ability to
  • retain PM folders
  • take advantage of XF threaded PMs/conversations, by merging past PMs into XF conversations
  • bonus: ability to move private conversations to public threads would be nice
The main issue is the ability to merge conversations. Both to merge old PMs, and to merge new XF conversations for those obnoxious people that make new messages rather than just reply to existing.

PM folders is probably already possible, between existing addons and some SQL, a one-time task.

Lean, clean coding needed.
This migration is being planned carefully, not in a rush.
Message me if this is something you can do.

Last edited:
bonus: ability to move private conversations to public threads would be nice
Addon exists for that (plus a lot more) , but beware privacy issues of course.

@ Mr Lucky, thank you. I had missed that.

In others news ... There are way too many newbie nobody coders contacting me. As mentioned in another thread, go make some free addons, let us see your coding chops. I'm not dealing with anybody that has zero verifiable experience with XF. If I wanted that non-XF knowledge, I could go elsewhere. Sure, "everybody has to start somewhere", but my project isn't for your coding practice.

I'm not dealing with anybody that has zero verifiable experience with XF.
Same here. With my XF 1.5 experience, there were too many developers who bailed out, leaving us with add-ons that had to be deleted. These days, I would approach one of the existing developers with an idea, to see if they could code it for us.

Top Bottom