Memcache vs APC multiple xenforo´s forums

Claudio

I´m trying to understand which software will be better to use...APC or Memcache

Also I´ve read that Kier said that APC was better for multiple forums on a server, but that it´s not clear for me...

Can anybody help me?

How many servers do you use for your forums, and how many forums do you run?

If you have 1 server, with just a few xenforo instances on it, APC is an extension for php and I use this myself, with a good experience. You can set per-forum cache prefix.

If you have multiple sites clustered over multiple servers, .. memcached might be a better solution.

Either way: your site will most likely benefit from caching, xcache, memcached, apc, or file system caching.

Screen%20shot%202011-10-28%20at%2010.11.39%20AM.png

2 vbulletin 4 forums
2 xenforo forums (actually one and I´m planning to install other one)

I also use cPanel and nginx

All on one server or multiple servers??

I am running 2 smaller linode vps servers (1 for the web side and 1 for the DB side), with apc install on the webserver and memcached installed on the DB server. My site is fairly fast for 2 little 512MB slices and the amount of traffic I get. Once I got the memcached sorted out (documentation was wrong), there was a noticeable increase in site speed. Then I just have APC installed and let XF determine what goes into the APC cache.

Russ

All on one server or multiple servers??

I am running 2 smaller linode vps servers (1 for the web side and 1 for the DB side), with apc install on the webserver and memcached installed on the DB server. My sire is fairly fast for 2 little 512MB slices and the amount of traffic I get. Once I got the memcached sorted out (documentation was wrong), there was a noticeable increase in side speed. Then I just have APC installed and let XF determine what goes into the APC cache.

Russ
mmm it is confuse for me, I have installed cpanel on my server and I´m trying to understand what would be the best option for me, if memcache or apc for 4 forums in the same server but with different cpanel accounts (through whm) for 2 vbulletin 4 forums and 2 xenforo forums

I didnt understand anything you said o_O

Has anyone tried memcache + APC on a single-server setup, i.e use APC for PHP-opcode caching and Memcache for the others?

Top Bottom