members online question

Jo.

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me why this might be happening when I'm looking at the members online box...

I've edited the user name CSS for admin to show up bold and italic, and mods to show up italic... but when I look in the members online box, I see a difference between the admin members. We have 5 admin members, and two of those are super-admin. I'm wondering if it's the super-admin that's causing the difference, because when these names show in the members online box, the super-admin names are a darker colour than the admins. (see image)

members online.webp

Above, my name (I'm super-admin) is darker than Emily's who is an admin, and I've noticed that when the other super admin is on as well as the rest of our admin team. I'm just wondering... if it is because of being super-admin, where do I edit the settings so that all the admin and super-admin show up the same?

There is no distinction between super admin and admin when it comes to usergroups and styling.
Unless of course you have created a new usergroup with a higher styling priority.

Could it be something to do with following the other members?
Do you have styling set for that?

Hmm, well I haven't got separate usergroups for admin/super-admin... and I'm not following anyone at the moment. As far as I know we don't have any styling set for following members (I didn't set it and I don't think anyone else has been doing any of the back-end stuff other than a couple of things that aren't styling related at all).

Edit: where would the styling for following be set, so I can check for sure?

Ah, I figured it out - lol nothing to do with being super-admin, but to do with being set to invisible or not. All the other admin are set to invisible, but both of us super-admins aren't. Confusing coincidence lol. At least it makes sense now! Thanks for helping me figure that one out! :)

Okay, I tried to figure this out myself but my css knowledge isn't beyond basic... what would I need to put in the additional css box for invisible users so that * would appear after a username set to invisible? Is that possible?

Top Bottom