1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Members online now gone?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MattH, Sep 19, 2014.

1. MattH

MattH Active Member

Hi,

Sorry for being that guy with a million questions... :)

I made a few changes today to 'members' but an unexpected result was that now I cannot see the members online now in the sidebar.

I added a disallow /forum/members to robots.txt

In user groups I:
    Set view member lists and view member to never for unregistered users.

Now I can't see anyone on the sidebar.

Any thoughts as to why and how to resolve?

Thx.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you reproduce the issue on an unedited, default style with add-ons disabled?

3. MattH

MattH Active Member

No, I only have the one version and it's live on the forum. I've made few changes overall and the only add ons I have are resource manager, install helper and bb codes.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Create a default XenForo style, then, in the admin control panel and disable Install Helper and BB Codes and see if the issue disappears.

5. MattH

MattH Active Member

Logged in this morning to do this, and its back on the side bar... how odd..

But now the 'quirk' is that the profile posts box is only showing my own profile posts...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  6. MattH

MattH Active Member

After seeing that the list was back I added on the XFrocks widget framework this morning. Then I noticed that the new profile posts was only showing my own updates rather than everyones. I created a default style and disabled everything and the user list vanished again.. I enabled them one by one and it seemed that the widget framework was causing the issue...

However that wasn't installed last night, so thats baffling...

Anyway, as of now, I have the members online now active, but the profile posts is not working correctly.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If the problems are related to the WF add-on, you will need to seek support in the dedicated thread.

8. MattH

MattH Active Member

I didn't think it was, but it may be now the case. I'll check in there to find out.