XF 2.1 Membercard customization (custom field, and click vs. hover)

Wildcat Media

I'm preparing to do an upgrade on a forum and have a couple of requests I'm looking to fill.

First, I need to add the contents of a custom field (a textarea) to the membercard (which appears when you hover over an icon or username). I was able to do this in XF 1.5 but have not yet been able to find exactly where in the template system to to customize it at. Or if there is an add-on that will do this, feel free to point me at it--I wasn't able to find anything in a few searches. I would need to throw a conditional around it so it works for logged-in member only (I've done this elsewhere, so it's not a big deal).

Second, was there ever a modification made to make the membercards open with a click on an avatar or username, as opposed to hovering over it?

OK, I got a start on this. I really miss the documentation we had with XF 1.x, as it spelled out more of the usage of XF-specific variables and how to make things work. So much of this, to me, is now a guessing game, and just about all I want to know about is not covered in documentation.

The template I needed was member_tooltip.

This pulls the information out and formats it. But I wish I could convert it into a bulleted list easily. (The data is entered in a textarea, and lines are separated by line breaks.) At least I have the information, and I used CSS to format it into two columns.

Code:
<xf:contentcheck>
<xf:set var="$my_data" value="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.system_main}" />
{$my_data|nl2br}
</xf:contentcheck>

I'm working on styling, though, and finding it to be rather convoluted since I have to dig through so many properties and style sheets to find where, further back, the original code lies so I can make use of it. Anything I've done so far has looked crude.

I'd like for this to be an add-on, but my coding days are long past. (Not so young anymore, y'know.)

Top Bottom