1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Member username color

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tommydamic68, Sep 8, 2013.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

this is really strange. I have literally ONE user who has a different color username than everyone other member. She is just a normal member - registered. Any idea how its possible? its a pale gray.

Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 9.25.36 PM.png

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Without looking on the forum and only from that screenshot it looks like they are set to invisible mode.

Adam Howard likes this.
  3. tommydamic68

Is there somewhere to check this setting @Shelley ? I just do not get it.

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Look up the user in the ACP. Check thee privacy tab in their information. Is Show Online Status unchecked? If so then they are a hidden user and that will explain the styling.

5. tommydamic68

Yes - her online status was unchecked, however, she still remains that light gray color even after I checked the box. Can I turn invisible mode off somewhere in settings?

6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Is the styling in the Members Online Now block? If so then I don't know why the styling hasn't changed if the member is no longer invisible. If it's in a Members Online Recently block that you have added then the styling won't change until the member is next online.

You can't turn off invisible mode but there is a resource that lets you do this.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/no-hidden-members.2025/

7. tommydamic68

No - not that block, the ad on members in the last 24hrs block.

8. tommydamic68

That would be nice to have this option gone, seems a bit complicated to do.

9. tommydamic68

Can admins see invisible people?

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

No. There is a moderator permission called Bypass User Privacy which allows you to see hidden members, access profiles of members who have set it to followed members only, etc.

11. tommydamic68

Where do you search for hidden members? I don't see the option.

12. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but i don't think there is an option to do that.

Have you checked in the css there's no "opacity" css lowering the colouring to that person?

13. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no option. If an add on caches styling, you'll need to ask in the add-on thread.

14. tommydamic68

It's good now it cashes every 360 minutes. I do wish you could turn off hidden members.