Lack of interest Member Profile Page

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Adorer

I really like the profile pages of the old vBulletins. You get the feeling almost as if you are visiting their abode and that you have one. :) It's like having a house in the town. It contributes to the community atmosphere. Specifically I mean like here: http://forums.catholic.com/member.php?u=123055 On this forum what comes up is a pop up with a black background which provides information about the forum activity - nothing personal. I think a lot is lost without the user profile page. There you can see the avatar of the friends, hobbies, etc... and it's nice

Can xenforo be customized to provide a user profile page as linked to above?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I really like the profile pages of the old vBulletins. You get the feeling almost as if you are visiting their abode and that you have one. :) It's like having a house in the town. It contributes to the community atmosphere. Specifically I mean like here: http://forums.catholic.com/member.php?u=123055 On this forum what comes up is a pop up with a black background which provides information about the forum activity - nothing personal. I think a lot is lost without the user profile page. There you can see the avatar of the friends, hobbies, etc... and it's nice

Can xenforo be customized to provide a user profile page as linked to above?

Have a look at your profile page: http://xenforo.com/community/members/adorer.78717/

Has a lot of the same elements as the one you linked.

I am sold.

I am just putting the money together.

I like the flexibility which allows me to pretty much do what I want. I love to see how I can adjust the side to show the avatar, username and position. The other stuff (likes, trophies) is not appropriate for some forums as it is really putting the person out there to be evaluated and judged. I definitely like it.

If there was an internet traffic patrol Xenforo would be illegalized. :)

It was a tough decision as I never thought that I would consider anything but vBulletin when the time would come. However, the situation is such that one is forced out given the fact that you can't get around the bugs. The town's people of Moca, Dominican Republic have a saying for when'if it is not one problem it is another'. It goes: 'Cuando no es Juanito es Juanita o sino es Ordiali'. That is; When it's not Johnny it's Janie or if not it's Ordiali. Ordiali is a lady in town who goes around selling the town's people just about anything and she is very persistent. :LOL: It may be an old pair of pants but it's in good condition and well it's two size bigger but it can always be adjusted and then it will look absolutely stunning on you. So, when people see her coming they make a turn unless they can help her out. That's what I would say about vBulletin: 'Cuando no es Juanito es Juanita o sino es Ordiali'.

Thank goodness for Xenforo.

Walking away from vBulletin. It's sad. It's like watching a virtual unicorn dying out of pure negligence and incompetence. People cannot register/post in the vBulletin forum as the verification emails are not arriving. Worst, the problem was reported as per a thread back in June 2nd and to this day it has not been fixed. Walking away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom