• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Member Map

Same prob as ragtek, installed but dont get the map to be shown.
Just as a suggestion. Maybe you could add a ACP Setup where to choose to add the users auto or not?!

At first i must say it is a great "first" Mod .. (y)

.. but you've forgot some phrases in the acp. I've added it for you .. ;)

HTML:
<option option_id="memberMap_navPosition" edit_format="radio" data_type="string" can_backup="1">
      <default_value>own_tab</default_value>
      <edit_format_params>own_tab={xen:phrase option_memberMap_navtab_own}
members_tab={xen:phrase option_memberMap_navtab_member}</edit_format_params>
      <sub_options></sub_options>
      <relation group_id="memberMap" display_order="1"/>
    </option>

<phrase title="option_memberMap_navtab_own" version_id="10000" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Let it have its own tab]]></phrase>
<phrase title="option_memberMap_navtab_member" version_id="10000" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Add it to the members tab]]></phrase>

Same prob as ragtek, installed but dont get the map to be shown.
Just as a suggestion. Maybe you could add a ACP Setup where to choose to add the users auto or not?!

I think, thats no problem, because the admin has to do the first step.
after this there is a map :D

Anyway found it now. principias hint helped more or less.

@mcatze: Your comment was unnecessary!

Create a phrase and it should work;)
I'm not sure why, but if you use a string, it's not working, the method needs to return a phrase
I did try that. But still don't work. When I look at my session in xf_session_activity, the controllerName for my session is XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index. If I add "addMarker" to the URL, the xf_session_activity entry is updated. :confused:

I did not test this add-on and do not know how it works.
Just an idea which came to my mind: when the user registers at the website or within the user-profile-page, the user is entering his "location".
There could be a radio-button already there which says "show myself on the user-map".

when the user clicks that radio-button, he will be included in the map.....
is your add-on working like this?
As I said before, I don't trust the Geocode API enough that I'll just grab and use whatever result it trows at me. Doing this will only add more complexity to a screen that many users already feel are too complex.

At first i must say it is a great "first" Mod .. (y)

.. but you've forgot some phrases in the acp. I've added it for you .. ;)

HTML:
<option option_id="memberMap_navPosition" edit_format="radio" data_type="string" can_backup="1">
      <default_value>own_tab</default_value>
      <edit_format_params>own_tab={xen:phrase option_memberMap_navtab_own}
members_tab={xen:phrase option_memberMap_navtab_member}</edit_format_params>
      <sub_options></sub_options>
      <relation group_id="memberMap" display_order="1"/>
    </option>

<phrase title="option_memberMap_navtab_own" version_id="10000" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Let it have its own tab]]></phrase>
<phrase title="option_memberMap_navtab_member" version_id="10000" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Add it to the members tab]]></phrase>
What?!? There's phrases for that too? That's kind of cool, really. Been "trying" to get that added to IP.Board some time ago, but "it wasn't possible" :p
I'll get that added tomorrow, when I revisit the issue with empty/hidden maps.

I did try that. But still don't work. When I look at my session in xf_session_activity, the controllerName for my session is XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index. If I add "addMarker" to the URL, the xf_session_activity entry is updated. :confused:

You're right.

BUT it's strange.

While loading index, it is the right class
map.webp
but once the page finish loading and i reload the phpmyadmin window, it's XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index

hm, strange

i've added an logger to the user::updateSessionActivity method and loaded the map page.

everytime i loaded the page, the session was updated 2 times (first to map and then to index)

do you make any ajax call or something similar in your js code?
2011-05-28 20:01:03 memberMap_ControllerPublic_MemberMap
2011-05-28 20:01:05 XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index
2011-05-28 20:01:38 memberMap_ControllerPublic_MemberMap
2011-05-28 20:01:42 XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index
2011-05-28 20:01:54 memberMap_ControllerPublic_MemberMap
2011-05-28 20:01:55 XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index
2011-05-28 20:03:21 memberMap_ControllerPublic_MemberMap
2011-05-28 20:03:25 XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index
2011-05-28 20:03:52 memberMap_ControllerPublic_MemberMap
2011-05-28 20:03:58 XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index
2011-05-28 20:04:00 memberMap_ControllerPublic_MemberMap
2011-05-28 20:04:02 XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index

hm, strange

i've added an logger to the user::updateSessionActivity method and loaded the map page.

everytime i loaded the page, the session was updated 2 times (first to map and then to index)

do you make any ajax call or something similar in your js code?
Thank you very much for giving me a kick in the right direction!
It's the empty src attribute in the markerDetails box that caused an extra request to the main page, removed that, and now it's working! :)

but XenForo is using Google-Maps already.............
They do? Where?

Thank you very much for giving me a kick in the right direction!
It's the empty src attribute in the markerDetails box that caused an extra request to the main page, removed that, and now it's working! :)

They do? Where?
Profile:)
If you click on your location, it sends to you google map

Well as I have another project I want to start working on for my forum, I've desided to stop the development of my membermap and use yours. Its a lot better than where I have got to and seems no point in me reinventing the wheel :) .... Have learnt a hell of a lot by trying my hand at addon development anyways :)

I'm just wondering if this can be done with a regional area / local map, rather than a world map?

I'm just wondering if this can be done with a regional area / local map, rather than a world map?

From what I can see it zooms to fit the markers on the map, so if they are only within the local area then you would only see the local area unless you zoomed out.

I can add an option where you define the default zoom level (now it's 2, max is 21). The code is designed to have as many markers as possible in view. From memory, you're running a forum for people in the Youngstown, OH area. For that you could set the zoom level to 10, and you're map would look like this. Will look very out of place till you add your first location, tho.
Skjermbilde 2011-05-30 kl. 00.21.19.webp

Top Bottom