Member labels quantity changed?

My search fu has failed me, and this is probably addressed eslsewhere....

I thought I noticed that soon after launch, I had enough posts to graduate from new member to member, but now I've fallen back.

Did they up the post count requirements for different labels, or is something else going on?

I never really understood why people care about post counts, or user titles...
A lot of the time people don't care, but when something isn't as it was they start to wonder what happened, hence the enquiries :P

I don't care about my post count (I don't even know my post count) but if I noticed I'd been rolled back 100 posts I'd probably enquire because I like answers :D

Andy, you know better :) Good content isn't about quantity, but some people do make both, and they're either appreciated for it or not. It's not important, but it helps shape the status on the board, it's human nature. If it wasn't important on some level it wouldn't have been a feature.

Missing an emoticon sure makes all the difference :) That last reply should have been followed by a eek.gif

That aside though, I still think post count is one of the most useless feature ever introduced in discussion forums. Just about every forum I gone to have people insist on using it as some sort of credibility measure, which is completely untrue, and often results in spammy posts just to inflate their own "creditability"... It is one of the first things I disable on my forums, just to make sure it doesn't happen...

Top Bottom