Member and Guest Conditionals

Michael

I need to know how to show x info to members and x info to guests, anyone know the conditionals needed? I also need a conditional like the this script ones in vbulletin if anyone would like to share one for the index that would great.

Thanks guys, do any you lot know the guest conditional something like so:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_guest}">
Guests Only
</xen:if>

Just so I dont need to use the else constantly :D

I can't find a way to check secondary groups with a template conditional. I looked through the template functions but I don't see anything for this purpose.

Maybe some one else knows.

Nah what I meant was to allow access to 2 or 3 different usergroups using their usergroup number. Rather than coding 3 different chunks of cose - or 30 different chunks!

If they are all primary groups then you can do this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_group_id} == X OR {$visitor.user_group_id} == Y OR {$visitor.user_group_id} == Z">
    STUFF FOR GROUPS X,Y,Z

But this doesn't check secondary groups.

This code could be shortened with array functions, but those don't appear to work here. I am still learning the system.

If they are all primary groups then you can do this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_group_id} == X OR {$visitor.user_group_id} == Y OR {$visitor.user_group_id} == Z">
    STUFF FOR GROUPS X,Y,Z

But this doesn't check secondary groups.

Thanks lots. I never got the hang of secondary groups anyway - they seem to dominate too much. So all mine are primary.

Top Bottom