MG 2.1 MediaGalerie Problem mit EXIF

Tamara-Jasmin

Hello,
I and some users have problems uploading pictures.
Many pictures bring the following error message:

InvalidArgumentException: Failed to convert to JSON. Error: Malformed UTF-8 characters, possibly incorrectly encoded [exif_data] in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 740

1. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 618
  2. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 548
  3. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/addons/XFMG/Service/Media/TempCreator.php at line 108
  4. XFMG\Service\Media\TempCreator->setExif() in src/addons/XFMG/Attachment/Media.php at line 138
  5. XFMG\Attachment\Media->onNewAttachment() in src/XF/Service/Attachment/Preparer.php at line 232
  6. XF\Service\Attachment\Preparer->insertTemporaryAttachment() in src/XF/Service/Attachment/Preparer.php at line 24
  7. XF\Service\Attachment\Preparer->insertAttachment() in src/XF/Attachment/Manipulator.php at line 170
  8. XF\Attachment\Manipulator->insertAttachmentFromUpload() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php at line 88
  9. XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionUpload() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  15. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

When I delete the exif data it works.
It probably only affects photos with Exif data.

LG: Tammy

Hmm, this should have been fixed as reported by @Chris D here,

I moved this from XF bugs but actually I just recalled that the change we made to fix this was actually in XF 2.1 itself, rather than the gallery.

Even so, that should have been included in XF 2.1 Release Candidate 2 and of course XF 2.1 stable.

So @Tamara-Jasmin is this definitely still happening in XF 2.1 stable, or could the errors have been from an earlier version. If you are able to still reproduce the issue, could you please provide some images that trigger the errors?

Excuse me!
I have been updating all weekend. On the 2.1 release, on at least 5 AddOns. I was convinced that I also updated XFMG.
She was still on RC1.
Please forget. The test was ok! Sorry!

LG: Tammy

Top Bottom