Fixed Media item note moderation permissions

Sim

Affected version
2.0.0 beta 1
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can tell from the code, the new Media item notes share the moderation permissions with tags?

1504689480593.webp

ie. it's this final permission "Add tag of others without approval" which determines whether tags AND notes are held for moderation before becoming visible?

If that's the case, I think the phrase should be edited to read "Add tag or note of others without approval" ?

There's no approval process for standard notes.

The permission explicitly relates to tagging a user and whether you can tag another user without their approval.

e.g. if someone tagged my name on a photo of something offensive or that wasn't me then I might want to reject that. If you have the above permission, then you can do it without a user's approval.

Going to leave the report open though as I need to check a few things related to the possibility of using notes to spam/advertise. I'm not convinced we need approval queue support for them, but it's reasonable to check for spam and entirely reject the note in that case, at least.

Ahh - I missed the fact that notes and tags use the same table, which is why I think I was getting confused by how things work.

Going to have to read through the code a bit more carefully and experiment a bit. Too many new toys to play with!

Just added some spam checking to notes. As I mentioned above, there's no moderation process. If spam is detected, the note is just rejected (this is basically the same as conversation messages).

Top Bottom