Media gallery is making all youtube links into videos

Shipside

If people put in their post a link to their youtube channel, it makes the link into a video.

How do I fix this?

Every youtube link is being videofied

Last edited:
It's not the Media Gallery that's doing this, it's an optional feature of XenForo.

In ACP > Messages switch off Auto Embed Media Links. Once done, members will have to use the media button in the editor to embed videos.

Note this change won't retrospectively remove the previously auto embedded videos, you or members will have to edit posts to change these to links.

I am guessing because Google changes their structures for youtube so often, this function worked but broke?

I will tell users to put their channel link as code.

I am guessing because Google changes their structures for youtube so often, this function worked but broke?

I will tell users to put their channel link as code.
What do you mean, if worked but broke?

If Auto Embed Media Links wad enabled, that's why videos are auto embedded. Switching it off will prevent any further links being auto embedded but not links in posts that already exist - these will need manually editing - simply delete the embedded videos and replace with the URL, then save. This works as designed.

What do you mean, if worked but broke?

If Auto Embed Media Links wad enabled, that's why videos are auto embedded. Switching it off will prevent any further links being auto embedded but not links in posts that already exist - these will need manually editing - simply delete the embedded videos and replace with the URL, then save. This works as designed.

Apparently the user was trying to link to his video page (video index)

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/user/K7SniperX/videos
is the proper url he should have used.

But he was posting:
Code:
youtube.com/user/K7SniperX/videos

Which results in an embed with code:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/videos?wmode=opaque

It seems like a rare error to have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom