Media add on is still visible to everyone even after I selected "Viewable to registered users" several times

thesignalman

Anyone else having this issue? Could it be a conflict with another add on? I'm trying to protect the privacy of the members of my forum by doing this.

Yes, enter your own username (or the username of any user experiencing this issue) to view the analysis results (in particular the one in the image in my post above).

If the 'Add media' button is displaying, then you have permission to upload media in general. If you get a permission error when clicking the button, you have revoked permission to upload it to any category (assuming you've disabled the option to create personal albums). In this case, use the 'Media category permissions' tab of the analyzer to check the permissions of a given user and category.

If the 'Add media' button is displaying, then you have permission to upload media in general. If you get a permission error when clicking the button, you have revoked permission to upload it to any category (assuming you've disabled the option to create personal albums). In this case, use the 'Media category permissions' tab of the analyzer to check the permissions of a given user and category.

I tried to enable the ability to create personal albums and I got that same error.

If you can reproduce it on the default style with all add-ons disabled, you can raise a ticket in the customer area to have someone look into it.

Top Bottom