May I know what other forums are used the Xenforo forum software?

Hi,

I noticed that
Android Forums have upgraded to XenForo!, after seven years on vBulletin. I really noticed that Android forums use the same interface and script used at XenForo . No difference is there at all, although that 'XenForo' is the forum supporter, however, the Android forum is the forum supported.

Thus, may I know what other forums were upgraded to XenForo?

https://xenforo.com/community/forums/forum-showcase-and-critiques.53/

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-big-forum-list.26352/

It's clear from your posts that you really don't understand what XenForo is or how it is used.

Of course the android forums 'use the same interface and script' as here, both sites use XenForo software.

Thanks a lot,

Could you please let me know other forums other than Adnroid use the XenForo software.?

Also, I think XenForo software is powered by XenForo Forum. Thus, Android forum is as well powered by XenForo Forum. I.e, if Anroid forums had needed maintenance, then they would be asking the XenForo Forum.

We're really loving it the more and more we iron things out (over on AndroidForums.com). Couple things I could put on a wish list but no biggie.

(I would LOVE to be able to see how many primary/secondary members are in usergroups when looking at the usergroup manager page, at a glance. Also, do wish the staff page could be broke down by usergroups and organized. I'm sure there are add-ons for these though :) )

As for other sites... Hmm.

http://ballisticallyspeaking.com is one I put up a while back - I do need to update it though. Small group of folks there.
https://www.digitalpoint.com/ of course..

..but yeah just check out the links Brogan gave. If you have other questions you're welcome to shoot a conversation my way.

@Omar Bazavilvazo

Most the main page that you see and are referring to is custom wrote stuff. We wrote a plugin to handle what devices we want in each section (phones tablets wearables and other devices) as featured and popular, and their images.. and then the second category as well as carriers that are in grid formats were started with a plugin.. but ended up needing to be custom wrote to better meet our needs.

The banner that pulls off node names for searching etc is custom wrote, and there is an even cooler module to that coming soon that wasn't ready for launch.

Most of what you see as a user is built in or plugin, site wide, but most the actual home page is custom wrote on our end.

There are lots of very helpful plugins who's authors I highly applaud that you don't as a regular user really realize are there. Xenforo's community is really moving a long nicely.

Last edited:
@Omar Bazavilvazo

Most the main page that you see and are referring to is custom wrote stuff. We wrote a plugin to handle what devices we want in each section (phones tablets wearables and other devices) as featured and popular, and their images.. and then the second category as well as carriers that are in grid formats were started with a plugin.. but ended up needing to be custom wrote to better meet our needs.

The banner that pulls off node names for searching etc is custom wrote, and there is an even cooler module to that coming soon that wasn't ready for launch.

Most of what you see as a user is built in or plugin, site wide, but most the actual home page is custom wrote on our end.

There are lots of very helpful plugins who's authors I highly applaud that you don't as a regular user really realize are there. Xenforo's community is really moving a long nicely.

I am just anxious to know why always forums would love if anyone registered and joined in, even if just to say hi! :)
What would forums benefit from having loads of users? I would think that there is no benefit from having inactive users.:)

I am just anxious to know why always forums would love if anyone registered and joined in, even if just to say hi! :)
What would forums benefit from having loads of users? I would think that there is no benefit from having inactive users.:)

Well, there are a couple reasons but I think the main hope is once someone joins they will enter a little bit of content. Every little bit helps. Without content what do you have? Guests may be what some view as what pays the bills and writes the paychecks, but really it's the members themselves that put in the content that drives the search results.

Some purge out inactive users after some time, some do not.

Well, there are a couple reasons but I think the main hope is once someone joins they will enter a little bit of content. Every little bit helps. Without content what do you have? Guests may be what some view as what pays the bills and writes the paychecks, but really it's the members themselves that put in the content that drives the search results.

Some purge out inactive users after some time, some do not.
Thanks a lot,
Although this is out of the topic, but you have enforced me to continue asking. What benefits are there for forums from having users regardless of they are active or inactive?

Another question should be raised, can the domain name be changed later? Take this for example, if I have a forum having this domain name 'IndependenceofSouthYemen.com', then if the South Yemen had gotten its independence, what would have been discussed in this forum?

@Phases
Thanks for the quick reply! Let me tell you from my point of view you did an amazing job with that home page :) I need to write a custom one too for my Japanese-Spanish forum :)

@a cooperator
I had deleted 4k+ users of 2year inactive users with 0 posts, but as Phases says, it depend on the webmaster.. one hopes they return someday :)

@Phases
Thanks for the quick reply! Let me tell you from my point of view you did an amazing job with that home page :) I need to write a custom one too for my Japanese-Spanish forum :)

@a cooperator
I had deleted 4k+ users of 2year inactive users with 0 posts, but as Phases says, it depend on the webmaster.. one hopes they return someday :)

No problem. It was a team of us, so by "you did an amazing job", let me clarify, our team did :) Thank you!!

As for deleting users, on http://ballisticallyspeaking.com I do purge them out regularly. On AF we don't. We have done a purge before, of about 400,000 - and now we have about 970,000 with 0 posts.

We plan, I think, to shoot emails off and then purge out whatever bounces but who knows, that's a later discussion for us. :)

Please know, it is of my opinion anyway, that many or most of these are spam accounts or spam sleeper accounts so, don't miss them too much!

Last edited:
Top Bottom