Cannot reproduce Maximum selectable responses can't be changed to Single choice on a specifc poll

Andro

Affected version
Hi,

By mistake a user has made his thread poll as 2 choice. Since it is a Yes or No only poll i tried changing it to Single choice. But there was no option so i made Maximum selectable responses as 1 which was 2. But upon saving it auto changed to 2 again and shown checkbox instead of radio button.

I tried reproducing it by making another poll on different thread but it doesn't happens there.

I will appreciate if one of the XF dev test it on that thread on my forum (details will be PMed).

It looks like a bug rather than some misconfiguration of option.

We're not able to reproduce this and the code does not seem to be able to do what you've explained.

So we do not believe this to be a bug.

If the issue persists and you would like a member of staff to take a look, please submit a ticket in the first instance.

I have examined the code and performed some testing.

The software DOES let you make the change you are wanting, but only if the poll has not yet been voted on. Otherwise the conversion back to Single choice might conflict with current votes. I can see that some people have already voted on multiple options.

Theoretically you could manually change this in the database but that might cause problems if you don't it right. We can't support that kind of change.

One option would be to recreate the entire thread and poll. Then merge the old posts into it and ask people to revote.

Top Bottom