Lack of interest Maximum Message Length

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

EQnoble

Just a random suggestion I never spoke of but was reminded of by this thread...

For most purposes the default 10000 character limit suits but there are often times that the limit restricts the ability to post up the entire contents of lengthy posts. It would be nice to have a box with selections available to select which groups the limit applies to for what I think should be pretty obvious reasons.

Something like this below...

Max MSG Groups.webp

At any rate this limit should not apply to staff members as it stands now even if this option doesn't get added in my own opinion.

Attachments

• Max MSG Groups.webp
    Max MSG Groups.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Very few users in my forums (usually only myself) are affected by this limit. I just add 10-20K to it as needed & rarely lower it back down, never have issues with users posting garbage in those quantities.

I seem to recall having this function in vB4.2.x under user preferences. Maybe I am wrong, or maybe there was an option to allow them to exceed that. I have the same "want" only it also includes raising the max images per message limit. Being dependent on the usergroup seem like it would shift this setting over the the user group preferences list (where it would seem to make sense)

So....no add on for this one?

Bumping this one from the graveyard. Even if there was a simple true/false "Enforce Max Message Length" option per user group it would come in handy.

Top Bottom