Implemented Maximum article length should have separate option to default message

Mr Lucky

If we are going to take full advantage advantage of the lovely brand spanking new thread types, it makes sense that articles should have a longer maximum than your average post.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
They do already. All of the limits are increased by a factor of three.

So the defaults (if the message length option and others remain unchanged from their defaults) are:

maxLength: 30,000
maxImages: 60
maxMedia: 15

I should have RTFM.
We should have written one ;)

It's one of those small things we thought about and then forgot to mention it anywhere.

Accident Oops GIF

Hmm ... that doesn't really allow flexibility in controling (the length of) article content; IMHO it would indeed be nice to have separate settings for this.
True, but it is the approach we've settled on for now and not planning to add separate settings for it.

They do already. All of the limits are increased by a factor of three.

So the defaults (if the message length option and others remain unchanged from their defaults) are:

maxLength: 30,000
maxImages: 60
maxMedia: 15

What file controls this?

Seems like a good solution.
Hoping edit time can also be considered but the x3 would not work, I would want my articles writer to have unlimited or a long period for updating tutorials, etc.

Not all addons are paid. 🤔
That's true, but it was meant to make a certain point, in a roundabout way, passive-aggressive sort of way, which is basically that it won't be a big surprise if people do have to pay extra for it, and that they really shouldn't have to - or depend on a third-party for it. It's just my personal opinion, but it's one of those little things that you suspect a dev would likely anticipate users wanting, because more control is always better, but for whatever reason.... Don't mind me, woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Here is the addon.

Don't worry, someone will come up with an addon for you to pay more for. 🙃

Not all addons are paid. 🤔

I'll take that as an offer to create a free one then...

Here is the addon.
Muahahaha! My evil reverse-psychology got you to give us this free addon. J/K. Thanks for this, much appreciated. (y)

Top Bottom